Summit Prep’s vision for meeting our mission to prepare students for college, career, and life success is fulfilled with the support of our wonderful parents and community members. Our most successful families embrace our values and beliefs, and actively engage in modeling our six core characteristics: respect, responsibility, courage, compassion, curiosity, and integrity.
We encourage parents to participate in school events at least once per year to meet other students and families and work together to support our community. These volunteer opportunities have fostered personal relationships between families that have led to a virtuous cycle of support and accountability for all of our students. We are so proud of how our community network continues to fulfill our mission to be a parent-supported program that holds high expectations for all students and families.
We believe parents are our partners in fulfilling our mission. Each year, our goal is to have all parents participate at least once Opportunities will be advertised in our weekly newsletter (HuskyBytes). You may also email SPOT at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Volunteering Opportunities:
Goal: all families participate at least once a year
- Drive students to camping trip or study trip; drive student athletes to sports games
- Staff an Open House and share the parent experience with prospective 8th grade parents (recruitment night)
- Help plan and organize a Summit event
- Winter Formal (9th grade families plan)
- Multi-Cultural Celebration (10th grade families plan)
- Prom (11th grade families plan)
- Graduation (12th grade families plan)
- Study Trips (all grade-level families)
- Spring Auction
- New Family Brunch (May)
- Athletics Awards Banquet (May)
- Student Awards Night & Yearbook Party (June)
- Help clean our building on School Beautification Day
- Support administrative tasks like filing, data entry, and mass mailings
- Staff a Stanford Concession Stand (see Athletics)
- In-kind donations (see middle column)
- Monetary donations (see middle column)
Make a Tax Deductible Donation
All Summit Public Schools are committed to operating on the state funding allocation in perpetuity. This is a non-negotiable, and we are extraordinarily efficient in “doing more with less.”
We appreciate the generous gifts and donations we receive from our parents, alumni, and community supporters every single year. Your donation is an important investment that enhances our program and we appreciate your belief that all students should be given the opportunity to have a college-prep high school experience, regardless of their background.
If you would like to make a donation, simply click on this link. All donations made to Summit Prep go directly to our school.
To make a donation by mail, please make checks payable to “Summit Prep” and mail it to “Prep Fundraising” at the address below:
890 Broadway Street
Redwood City CA 94063
**Summit Prep is a 501c3 and each donor will receive a letter confirming the donation with our tax ID.
In-Kind Donation Opportunities:
- Teacher supplies (click here for wish list)
- Food for camping trip, Multi-Cultural Celebration, study trips, student testing week, and awards night
- Acts of service (carpet cleaning, etc.)