Summit Prep is the founding Summit school. This year, our seniors will be the 12th graduating class from Summit Prep. Summit Preparatory Charter High School is part of the Sequoia Union High School District and serves students in grades 9-12. We are centrally located in Redwood City, and also serves students from Menlo Park, East Palo Alto, Atherton, Portola Valley, Redwood Shores, Belmont and more. The diversity of our student body reflects the demographics of our community. Summit Prep is tuition-free and open to students of all backgrounds, interests and abilities.
Students at Summit Prep will have access to a high-quality college preparatory curriculum. This past year, 100% of the graduating class was accepted to a four-year college or university. Additionally, Summit Prep helps students develop a full range of capabilities – intellectual, emotional and social – for success in their life’s pursuits. Throughout high school, students work one-on-one with their mentors and in groups with their peers to develop and exhibit our six core characteristics: Courage, Compassion, Curiosity, Integrity, Respect and Responsibility.
Our values and beliefs:
- We provide a high quality learning experience for every minute of every day
- We believe everyone is capable of graduating college-ready
- There is no “tracking”
- We have a heterogeneous population in school and in classrooms
- Students are physically and emotionally safe
- Every student is personally known
- Character education counts
- We are a research-based, best practices organization
- We are principles-based vs. rules-based
- We do more with less